The Parent-Child program is a beautiful introduction to Waldorf education for children and their parents, grandparents and caregivers.
Each Parent-Child class provides a wonderful opportunity for young children to experience new environments, peers and adults while feeling secure in the presence of a beloved caregiver. Parents and caregivers gain precious opportunities to quietly observe their child in play and discuss child development, parenting issues and Waldorf education with a Waldorf-trained teacher.
The class is led by the teacher who guides the children and parents in a gentle rhythm. While parents engage in quiet classroom-related activities provided by the teacher, the children spend their time playing with simple toys made of natural materials that foster imaginative play. The teacher invites everyone to join in circle time and homey activities, such as bread-making and snack.
Winter 2016 Class and Application Information
- Four classes are offered each week and families may apply for more than one class. Please review the table below for class details.
- The Winter 2016 session runs February through March. The Spring 2016 session runs April through May.
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis and class registration remains open until all classes are full. Tuition is pro-rated if a family joins after a session starts.
- Families are asked to select their top choices of classes in order of preference. In the case that the top choice class is filled, the next preferred and available class times are offered.
- Families are notified of class placement in advance of the first class.
- Full tuition is due before the class begins in order to secure your child’s place in the class. Tuition is pro-rated if a family joins after a session starts.
- There are no trial classes.
- There are no make- up classes.
- There are no refunds for missed classes or withdrawals.
|24 months – 3 Years||Monday
|8:45 a.m. – 10: 45 a.m.||$468||(6 classes) 2/1, 2/8, 2/22, 2/29, 3/7, 3/14|
|16 months – 3 Years||Wednesday
|9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||$406||(7 classes)2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/2, 3/9, 3/16|
|16 months – 24 months||Thursday||8:45 a.m. – 10: 15 a.m.||$406||(7 classes) 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17|
|16 months – 3 years||Saturday
|9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||$348||(6 classes) 2/20, 2/27, 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 4/2|