Thank you for considering The Brooklyn Waldorf School.
We recognize that the independent school admissions process can be overwhelming so we’ve worked to make our process as accessible and clear as possible. Let us know if you have questions.
Please refer to the table below for BWS admissions dates and contact admissions directly if your circumstances do not fit the regular admissions time frame.
- Families must register for a tour or open house before submitting an application. This is not required for families applying for Parent-Child classes.
- Apply for Parent-Child Classes (rolling admission)-or- Apply for Nursery, Kindergarten or the Grades Classes. Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be available soon.
- Submit the following supplemental application documents (due January 4, 2017):
- Student and family photograph.
- School transcripts, teacher evaluations and additional assessments as requested in the application.
- Non-refundable $90 application fee.
- Not required: tests, test scores.
- Apply for Tuition Assistance, if applicable (due January 4, 2017).
- Submit financial documents for Tuition Assistance
- Tuition assistance is not available for Parent-Child classes.
Play dates, Interviews and Class Visits
Following receipt of completed application and related materials, the admissions staff will contact you to arrange playdates for Early Childhood families or interviews, class visits and parent interview for grades students.
Decision Notification Timing
The Brooklyn Waldorf School adheres to the ISAAGNY notification dates that match the decision notifications of other independent schools. This notification date is generally earlier than the public school notification schedule.
|ADMISSIONS TIMELINE (2017/18 SCHOOL YEAR)|
|Program||Application Due||Notification Emailed||Response Due|
& Grade 1
Age 6 by June 1