Re-enrollment for the 2015/16 School Year
All current families are required to complete the following steps to re-enroll for the 2015/16 school year. Since openings are limited and we have a large pool of applicants, your attention to the deadlines is critical.
A: Complete the Re-Enrollment Intention and Tier Request Form by January 9.
B: Tier 1 & 2 Applicants must Submit Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) and and upload all supporting documents by January 23. (BWS code is 4339)
STEP 2: Receive a re-enrollment acceptance letter or email with tier award information and Enrollment Agreement between January 9 through February 4.
STEP 3: Print, sign and return your contract with a non-refundable deposit by the deadline listed below in order to guarantee your child a place in his/her class by
- January 30 for Early Childhood
- February 6 for Grade School
Make checks payable to “The Brooklyn Waldorf School.”
Step 4: Create a Payment Plan:
The Brooklyn Waldorf School uses FACTS Management Company to help manage our tuition payment program. If you choose to pay tuition via a payment plan, please follow these steps:
- a) Login to FACTS Management to create a payment plan, according to your contract. If you already have a login, your account information will be automatically rolled-over for the new term.
- b) The Business Office will approve your payment plan with FACTS Management.
- c) You will receive a confirmation email from FACTS that your payment plan has been approved and will be activated.
- January 9: Re-enrollment and Tier Request Deadline
- January 23: Supporting financial documents due (Tier 1 & 2)
- January 9 — February 4: Enrollment Agreements offered
- January 30: Early Childhood signed Enrollment Agreements & deposits due
- February 7: Grade School signed Enrollment Agreements & deposits due
Tier 1 or 2 Requests
Tier 1 & 2 applicants need to upload all supporting financial documentation with their Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through the SSS Nais system.
If you are requesting Tier 1 or 2, a complete application consists of the following supporting financial documentation:
- Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The Brooklyn Waldorf School code is 4339.
- Report of Family Contribution (RFC), which is generated by SSS based on the PFS you submit. The RFC is sent directly to the school. If you wish to have a copy, please request it when you complete your PFS.
Income Supporting Documents consist of:
- A copy of your 2013 and 2014 Federal Income Tax Returns and all schedules.
- A copy of your 2014 W-2s and/or 1099s for each parent and wage earner in the family.
- A copy of the most recent pay stub for each parent and wage earner in the family.
- If you own a business, a copy of your 2014 Corporate Tax Returns and Schedule K-1.
Important Note: In the case that your 2014 tax return is not available by the submission dead line, please submit your information and the above supporting documentation without your income tax return. The Tier committee will make a preliminary assessment using the PFS system only. Once 2014 tax returns are made available, the Tier Committee will make a final determination. Please be aware that your tier level might change accordingly.
Tier Meetings may be offered to parents when the Business Office finds a discrepancy between the Tier requested and the Estimated Family Contribution reported by the SSS NAIS, and has questions about the financial information that cannot easily be resolved through electronic forms of communication.
Tier Meetings can also be requested by parent(s) and may be granted by the Tier Committee. In the event that a Tier Meeting is granted, please be prepared to submit a family budget prior to the meeting.
Please be advised that there are a pre-determined number of tier awards set aside for Tier 1 and Tier 2 positions.